Maitake Mushroom Breakfast Cookies – GF, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan
Maitake Mushroom Breakfast Cookies – From: Hopie’s Kitchen
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 15-20 cookies
- 3 large bananas very ripe
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used almond butter)
- 4-5 drops of SweetLeaf Stevia Drops in Vanilla Creme
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats – I like to use Steel Cut quick cook oats
- a pinch or two of salt
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 4 squirts of Maitake Mushroom Extract from Host Defense -or whichever mushroom you like!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel bananas and mash in a medium mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients, excluding blueberries.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silpat. Drop approximately 20 tablespoon-size spoonfuls onto a cookie shape and flatten with a spatula.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until cookies have set and are just beginning to lighty brown. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and then remove from cookie sheet.
- For optimal freshness, store leftover cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 2 days, in the fridge for up to 1-2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.